Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It's almost moving day

There's too much to report at the moment, but I'm finally going to go home to be with Isaac and Savannah. It's been 2 1/2 long years, but they spent the past month and a half with me, and it was glorious. This is the toughest and easiest decision I've made, but I'm moving to Idaho. I have a place, and I'm looking for work.

I wouldn't be able to do any of this or make it very far without the help of loving family and friends, and their guidance and support. I have truly been blessed, even if I don't say it as much as I should or tell the people I care that. I am just glad to have finally made the plunge and taking this risk I believe will be the biggest challenge and greatest reward I'll ever receive.

I met wonderful people and renewed great friendships along this journey. And though I'm saying goodbye to family I love, and a woman with whom I love a great deal, I hope we all will reconnect and be together some day.

It's been a while since I've posted here, I realize, and a summer of great memories with Isaac and Savannah. Swimming, going to museums, ball games, street fairs, time with new relatives; the whole bit. It was a summer I will never forget as long as I live. My desire to be a part of their lives stems from the great times we had together in California for six weeks. I can't let them go, and I won't. I want to be Daddy and be a constant presence in their lives.

I love my children, and that's why I'm taking this challenge. It is, I believe, exactly what the Lord wants and needs me to do. He has been waiting for me. I am grateful to all of my family for taking me in a time of need. Now it's time to repay that love and generosity by being with my children and taking care of them.

I said I was going to leave a year ago; now, there is no way I'm going to back out on that promise now.

No comments:

Post a Comment